top of page
Meriden Motor Boat Club
“A river is time in water; as it came, still so it flows, yet never is the same.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
Founded in 1908
On Sept. 1, 1908, the Meriden Motor Boat Club was formed during a meeting of 25 Meriden boat owners that took place on an evening in early September at the Cook Avenue home of Clayton E. Brewer, who at that meeting was also elected the club’s first Commodore.
Home away from home.
A heated Club House equipped with a full bathroom, a beautiful pavilion, and power/water equipped slips are just a few of the amenities the club offers, providing members with a vacation spot in their own backyard.